Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sexy Silhouettes




A silhouette, something you might have had done as a child. Or saw at your grandmothers house, hung in her drawing room, right above the antique piano or the couch you weren't allowed to sit on. I think silhouettes have been overlooked in recent decor but could possibly be making a comeback. or well, i am going to help them make a comeback.




From 'Woman and Home' December 1963.



A more modern montage to the family pet.




I think the best thing about vintage silhouettes is you can find them relatively easily at a goodwill or local thrift store. Usually they are priced for next to nothing.




I really think that these playing cards could make fabulous wall art. I'm seeing either posted on the wall with tacts or framed..maybe in a shadow box...the shadow box could make good bathroom art.

I have always found bathroom decorations to be the most interesting. There are so many do's and dont's, that I find it fun to push the envelope when it comes to that room.




I really like what they did with this bedroom.



Here is something a bit more modern and different than the traditional silhouette. It could be used for a room with a young, fun mood.




Last but not least, a wedding cake surrounded by silhouettes of the wedding party. I love how the bride and groom found another way to include the wedding party.

No comments:

Post a Comment